- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Valcom Thai red curry paste
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (add more depending on desired heat)
- 500 grams sliced chicken thighs
- 1 litre chicken stock (any brand)
- 3 inch piece Galangal
- 2 Tbsp Valcom Kaffir lime leaves
- 4 stalks lemongrass (cut the ends off)
- 400ml Tcc coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp squid brand fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 300 grams portobello mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- Spring onion and coriander to garnish
- 240 grams jasmine rice
- Add coconut oil to heated pan. After 30 seconds add red curry paste, chilli and garlic. Cook on medium heat for approximately 1 minute. Add chicken pieces and cook for approximately 2 -3 minutes. Chicken should not be fully cooked through.
- In a separate saucepan begin to boil water for the rice.
- Add stock, lemongrass, basil, salt, galingal and Kaffir lime leaves To soup mixture and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add rice to boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until ready.
- After 10 minutes add coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce To soup mix and bring to the boil.
- Add mushrooms and capsicum to soup mix and cook on medium heat till mushrooms and capsicum become tender but not soft.
- Remove rice from heat, strain and distribute 4 even portions.
- Remove lemongrass and galingal from Tom Kah Gai Soup and pour over rice portions. And spring onion and/or coriander to garnish.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Cream
- Valcom - Curry Paste Red