- • 2 cups of sushi rice
- • 3 cups of water
- • Packet of seaweed
- • 425g of tuna in spring water
- • Kewpie mayonnaise
- • 2 cucumbers
- • 250ml of Obento sushi seasoning
- • Obento sushi & sashimi soy sauce to serve
- • ½ tsp Salt
- • Pepper to season
- • Pickled ginger to serve
- Using sushi rice, combine 2 cups of unwashed rice with 3 cups of cold water in a saucepan.
- Put stove on full heat and while waiting for rice to boil cut up cucumber into sticks.
- Once water is soaked up turn stove off but keep lid on and allow to cool.
- After cool put in large box and pour amounts of sushi seasoning and mix between amounts.
- Once soaked in put in fridge to cool. While the rice is in the fridge begin to make the tuna.
- Put tuna in a bowl and add mayonnaise until sticky. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay out seaweed on a sushi mat and apply rice as a thin layer about a centimetre from the edge.
- Then apply a line of tuna to the middle of the roll and a line of cucumber next to it.
- Carefully roll sushi and seal with water.
- Fill small dish with soy sauce and cut in half or into small pieces to serve. Add ginger to serve.
Brands and product used
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise
- Obento - Sushi Seasoning
- Obento - Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce