- 6 x sheets sushi nori.
- 1 x can tuna in springwater, 425 gms.
- 2 x packs (100 gms each) of thinly sliced smoked salmon.
- 1 x cup whole egg mayonnaise.
- 1 x large fresh red bell pepper/capsicum.
- 1/2 cup snipped or finely chopped chives or green onions.
- 3 TBS liquid sushi seasoning.
- wasabi to serve.
- Finely chop the red capsicum, discarding the seeds inside. Put into a bowl and mix in the liquid sushi seasoning. Set bowl aside.
- Drain tuna in a large fine sieve and mash well into tiny pieces with a fork. Put into a large bowl and add the mayonnaise and the chives. Set bowl aside.
- Drain the red capsicum in a fine sieve, pressing down well with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- Lay one sheet of nori onto the bamboo mat or tea towel. Lay on 3 slices of the smoked salmon evenly over the sheet.
- Thinly spread the tuna mixture onto the sheet to all the edges. Place a 2cm wide row of red capsicum in the center of the sheet from left edge to right.
- Gently press a second nori sheet on top, matching all the edges. Roll up carefully using the edge of the mat, and then pressing down firmly onto the finished roll, keeping the roll shape. Slide roll onto a plate to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Repeat, making 2 more rolls, adding each to the plate in the fridge to chill. Carefully cut each roll into pieces with a sharp knife, using a gentle sawing motion. Place pieces onto a decorative plate, and serve with wasabi, and maybe a side dish of steamed vegetables, sprinkled with Tamari sauce.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Sushi Seasoning
- Obento - Sushi Bamboo Mat
- S&B - Wasabi