- 1 cup of Sushi Rice
- 10 sheets of Yaki Nori
- 3 tbsp Sushi Seasoning
- 560 grams Tuna
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 thinly sliced Cucumber
- 200 grams Cream Cheese
- Rinse sushi rice well under cold water. Drain. Place in a large saucepan with water. Cover with lid and bring to the boil over a high heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until water has been absorbed.
- Spread rice onto a large flat tray and drizzle with seasoning. Stir to combine, then set aside, stirring occasionally, to cool to room temperature.
- Combine tuna with cream cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut cucumber lengthways into 1cm-thick strips.
- Cut avocado lengthways into 1cm-thick strips.
- Place 1 nori sheet, rough-side up, on a damp bamboo sushi mat. Using wet fingers, press 1 cup of rice firmly over nori, leaving a 2cm border at the other end.
- Spread ¹⁄³ cup of tuna mixture across centre of rice. Top with one slice of cucumber and 1 slice of avocado
- Starting at end closest to you, use the bamboo mat to tightly roll up sushi. Remove mat.
- Repeat with remaining nori, rice and tuna mixture to make another 9 rolls.
- Using a sharp, wet knife, trim ends and cut into pieces or in half. Serve with soy sauce.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Sushi Seasoning
- Obento - Yaki Nori for Sushi