- Two chicken thighs
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Yeo’s sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 90 second microwave Basmati rice
- 400ml TCC coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- Sprigs of Coriander
- Chopped Bok Choy
- Place honey, kecap manis, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic in a jug. Mix to combine. 1 minute.
- Score the chicken and place in a bowl. Pour over ¾ of the sauce, working it into the chicken with your hands (preferably rubber gloved hands). Baste the sauce over the scorings in the chicken. 1 minute
- Transfer chicken, to a hot frying pan. Seal (2 minutes) then lower to a medium heat, cooking the chicken, scored side up, covered, for a further 10-12 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, microwave the rice and place in a saucepan with the coconut cream. Bring to the boil, stir and then reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Add the rest of the sauce to the frying pan and toss in the bok choy, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- To garnish sprinkle desiccated coconut on the rice and add a sprig of coriander. Sprinkle sesame seeds on chicken. Add the boy choy. 1 minute.Serve and savor. Voila! Hora!
Product used in recipe
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- TCC - Premium Coconut Cream