- 24 Vegan Dumplings - we made ours following the recipe from the Asian inspirations website (Vegetarian Chinese Dumplings).
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Lime
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 6 Spring Onions
- 1 Tomato
- 200g Mushrooms
- 1/4 Bunch Coriander
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 Can TCC Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Pack Udon Noodles
- Optional - 2 Zucchinis if you wish to use in place of the noodles or 1 if you like to do half and half.
- Thinly slice kaffir leaves and slice spring onions.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook lime leaves and spring onions until fragrant.
- Halve mushrooms and cut tomato into wedges.
- Add mushrooms, tomato, crumbled stock cube, coconut milk and 1.5 cups of water to frypan - stir, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering cook dumplings and Udon noodles as per directions.
- If using zucchinis spiralize them.
- Roughly chop coriander
- Zest lime then cut into half - reserving one half for juice and cutting the other into 4 wedges.
- After 10 minutes of simmering the broth add lime zest, juice and soy sauce. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Spoon broth into 4 bowls, add dumplings and noddles and garnish with coriander and then the lime wedge.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Milk