- 2 leaves of fresh kale, chopped
- 1/2 TBS Rice Bran Oil
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum powder
- 3/4 cup room temperature water
- 1/2 cup canned Refried Beans
- Snipped chives/ green onions
- Fry kale in oil in a small frypan over Medium/High heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Put a lid on the pan and let it sit off the heat for 4 minutes. Put the kale in a bowl and set it aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients well with a fork. Add the water and mix well to a soft paste. Stir in the fried kale well.
- Add 1/2 TBS oil to the same frypan over Medium heat and put in the batter, spreading it out a little. Fry for 3 minutes. Flip Okonomyaki over and place the lid on the pan, cooking for a further 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let it sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Softened the canned refried beans in a microwave bowl for 10 seconds to make spreading easier. Spread onto the pancake. Put Okonomyaki on a plate and sprinkle over the snipped chives/green onions.
- Serve with: Sliced pickled ginger, Wasabi paste, salt reduced soy sauce, and green tea.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- Obento - Sliced Pickled Ginger
- S&B - Wasabi