- 1 1/2 cups Obento Sushi Rice
- 1/4 cup Obento Sushi Seasoning
- 400g extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mae Ploy Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 shallots, ends removed and finely sliced
- 6 sheets Obento Yaki Nori for Sushi
- Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce, S&B Premium Wasabi Paste and Obento Sliced Pickled Ginger to serve
- Place rice in a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 16 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave, splash sushi seasoning over rice and stir through. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- To prepare filling, break tofu into small pieces by hand, crumbling between fingers until texture resembles firm scrambled eggs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add crumbled tofu and sesame seeds. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, curry powder, sweet chilli sauce and shallots. Cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes. Turn heat off and allow to cool to room temperature in pan.
- Cut two of the nori sheets in half lengthwise; Leave the other four whole.
- Place a whole sheet of nori a bamboo sushi rolling mat. Starting along the side closest to you, spread one quarter of the cooked rice evenly over the nori sheet, leaving a 3cm strip of the nori uncovered, to seal.
- Place one half of a nori sheet along the centre of the rice and carefully top with one quarter of the tofu filling.
- Brush the uncovered edge of the nori lightly with water. Using the bamboo sushi mat, roll the filled nori sheet over itself into a firm cylinder.
- Repeat with remaining nori, rice and filling to form four rolls.
- To serve, slice each roll into six pieces; Serve with soy sauce for dipping, wasabi paste and pickled ginger on the side. Serves 4.
Brands and product used
- Mae Ploy - Sauce Sweet Chilli