- 92 g box Golden Curry Japanese curry mix Medium hot chopped into small squares.
- 1/2 Cup TCC lite coconut milk
- 300 Grams packet of firm tofu, cut into 3 square steaks
- 1 Cup of vegetable stock or water 2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- 4 table spoons of sesame oil
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs.One teaspoon of onion powderI/4 Cup of soy milk
- 3 Tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon of apple cider vinegar3 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 Carrot sliced
- 1 Unpeeled red apple chopped into small pieces.
- 2 Shallots finely chopped.
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 Cup chopped white cabbage
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach.
- Extra vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 2 red radish finely sliced
- 1 extra shallot finely chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Cook rice in your preferred method, rice cooker, stove top or microwave.Whilst rice is cooking, place sesame oil in fry pan or wok to heat for 5 minutes.Fry carrot, apple and shallots until lightly browned in the sesame oil.Ad both cabbages, and spinach, and fry for another 3 minutes.Add curry block and stir until melted.Add the stock or water and stir until combined.Add the coconut milk, and tomato puree.Stir and turn heat to the lowest setting, simmer uncovered while you prepare the tofu steaks.You may need to add extra stock or water if the curry sauce becomes too thick.
- Place the three tofu steaks onto paper towel and pat until dry.Mix the flour, soy milk and apple cider vinegar in a mixing bowl.The dough should be thick enough to stick to the tofu, and not too thin that it just slides off.Place each steak into the wet mix.Pour 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs onto a flat plate.Add a teaspoon of onion powder and mix in.Press the dough coated tofu steak into the Panko and make sure all sides are covered.Shallow fry each tofu steak until golden in vegetable oil, or my favourite way to cook them is to lightly spray each side with spray oil and cook in the air fryer for approx 12 15 minutes each side..Serve the tofu steak sliced neatly over the curry sauce, and rice.Sprinkle with sesame seeds, finely chopped shallots and thinly sliced red radish for extra crunch.
Product used in recipe
- S&B - Golden Curry Medium Hot
- TCC - Light Coconut Milk