- NOODLES125 g Thai dried rice sticks
- SAUCE1/2 tbsp tamarind puree 2 tbsp (packed) palm sugar2 tbsp vegetarian fish sauce 1 1/2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce1 tbsp ABC Original Chili Sauce1/4 cup water
- STIR FRY2 - 3 tbsp vegetable oil1/2 onion 2 garlic cloves 2 eggs 1 1/2 cups of beansprouts1 cup firm tofu, cut into 3cm batons 3/4 cup spring onions/ garlic chives 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- TO SERVEFresh chilliLimebeansproutspeanuts
- 1. Place rive noodles in bowl, soak in room temp tap water for 40 – 45, drain and over with hot water for 2 minutes until noodles are silky but still a touch firm
- 2. Mix sauce in small bowl adding 1/4 cup water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 30 seconds
- 4. Add Tofu and cook until golden
- 5. Push to one side of the pan, pour egg in on the other side. Scramble using the wooden spoon (add touch of extra oil if pan is too dry), then mix into Tofu
- 6. Add bean sprouts, noodles and then Sauce.
- Toss gently for about 1 1/2 minutes until Sauce is absorbed by the noodles.
- 8. Add spring onions/ garlic chives and half the peanuts. Toss through quickly then remove from heat
- 9. Serve immediately, sprinkled with remaining peanuts and lime wedges on the side, with a sprinkle of chili and a handful of extra beansprout. Squeeze over lime juice to taste before eating.
Brands and product used
- ABC - Chilli Sauce Original