- 1/2 green capsicum cut into small pieces, 1/2 red capsicum cut into small pieces, 1/2 red onion cut into small pieces, 250g of Firm Tofu, 8 wooden skewer’s
- Satay sauce: 1 cup fresh dry roasted peanuts (unsalted)1/3 cup water1 to 2 cloves minced garlic 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce 2 teaspoon sesame oil2 tablespoons brown sugar1 1/2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons regular soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon tamarind paste (or 1/2 tablespoon lime juice)1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Tofu Marinade: 2 tablespoons soy sauce2 tablespoons water1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wrap tofu in a tea towel or paper towel and place a saucepan on top for 20 minutes until tofu is dry. Cut tofu into cube size pieces. Marinate the tofu pieces in a medium bowl and leave in fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes or preferably 3 hours.
- Place wooden skewers in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes to prevent burning of the sticks later on in the bbq process.
- Once your tofu has finished marinating, pierce one slice of onion onto a skewer, followed by one piece of green capsicum and one piece of red capsicum then one piece of tofu and repeat steps until the skewer is complete. Repeat steps for all 8 skewers. Set aside.
- Place satay sauce ingredients into a blender until smooth.
- Place a small sized saucepan on a low-medium heat and transfer satay sauce from blender to saucepan, stirring regularly for 15 minutes until smooth and thickened slightly.
- Barbecue the skewers on medium-heat for 15 minutes, turning regularly. If you are not using a barbecue, place the skewers onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cook them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the veggies are soft and the tofu has crisped.
- Serve skewers with satay sauce and enjoy!
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Milk