- 2 Cups Kokuho Rose Sushi Rice
- 4-5 Tablespoons Obento Sushi Seasoning
- 2 pieces Soyco Japanese Tofu cut into long strips about 1cm thick
- 1 Carrot cut into thin battons
- Fresh green beans or sugar snap peas with ends cut off
- 3- 4 sheets Obento Yaki Nori for Sushi
- Mayonnaise 1 Tsp-2 Tsp per sushi roll
- Make sushi rice as per packet instructions
- Allow the rice to cool for a 5 minutes before adding in Obento Sushi Seasoning
- Spread rice out into a large shallow container and place in fridge for more rapid cooling
- Once the rice is cool enough to comfortably touch, lay your sushi mat on the table in front of you and put your Nori shiny side down on top of the mat
- Spread the rice out covering about 3/4 of the Nori- about half a cm thick, pressing down with wet hands and forming solid edges, put the end with no rice away from you.
- On the rice, spread 1-2tsp of mayonaise along in a horizontal line- using the back of a spoon (parallel to you). The horizontal line should be about 2-3 cm in from the end closest to you- towards the middle of the rice.
- Add carrot battons, tofu strips and a green bean along the mayonaise line
- Lift your sushi mat from underneath using your thumbs to roll over the top of your filling ingredients, use your fingers to tuck any back in. Add pressure to make a nice tight sushi roll.
- Roll right to the end and use some water to stick down the Nori that didn't have rice on it
Brands and product used
- Obento - Sushi Seasoning
- Obento - Yaki Nori for Sushi