- SERVES 4
- 1 whole free range chicken approx 1.2kg
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 Tbs palm sugar
- 1 Tsp dried chilli flakes
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 brown onions
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 broccoli head
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 a red capsicum
- 1 small tin of sliced chestnuts (optional)
- 4 Tbsp ABC sweet soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 packet Hakubaku organic udon noodles
- Place chicken, fish sauce, palm sugar, chilli, pepper and quartered onions in a soup pot. Just cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 60 minutes over low to medium heat. Skimming water surface as needed to keep liquid clear.
- Add all sliced vegetables to the soup pot and cook for remaining 30 minutes.
- In a separate pot cook the organic udon noodles as per packet instructions.
- Once soup is cooked carefully remove whole chicken, pull away tender meat and return it to the soup pot.
- Serve in deep bowls, noodles first topped with the tasty, healthy soup.Perfect anytime and particularly good for nourishment when unwell with a head cold or flu.
- Drizzle each bowl with 1 Tbsp of the ABC sweet soy sauce and salt to taste.
Brands and product used
- Hakubaku - Organic Udon Noodles
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce