- 600 grams chicken breasts cut into 1 cm x 4 cm strips
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1/2 jar Valcom Red Curry Paste
- 400 gram medium eggplant cut into 1 cm cubes
- 150 grams sugar snap peas, ends removed
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 Tablespoons cornflour
- 300 grams of Rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 Tablespoons of cold water
- Optional: coriander and 2 small red chillies to garnish dish
- Before starting to cook, Blanch the sugar peas in boiling water, covered. Drain and set aside. Cover the rice noodles with boiling water and drain once softened.
- Heat oil in a large Wok. Add the eggplant cubes and stir fry on high heat for approximately 5 mins then set aside.
- Add red curry paste to wok, stir in coconut milk and stock cubes and bring to boil.
- Add sliced chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add blanched sugar peas to wok, stir.
- Mix the cornflour with 2 Tablespoons of cold water. Stir into the wok sauce until thickens.
- Add eggplant to wok, stir and cook a further minute until heated.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with coriander and red chillies.Serves 4
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Curry Paste Red