- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups shredded wombok
- 100g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup finely sliced scallions (plus extra to sprinkle)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Tonkatsu sauce (to serve)
- Kewpie mayonnaise (to serve)
- Nori flakes or nori furikake (to serve)
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, stock and soy sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Add the wombok, sweet potato and spring onions and mix to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cupful of the batter and use a spatula or spoon to shape into a thick round pancake.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the underside is golden. Flip the pancake over. Cook for another 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining oil and batter in two more batches.
- Drizzle with the tonkatsu sauce and the mayo and sprinkle with spring onions and furikake.
Brands and product used
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise