- Sushi Rice, Seaweed Sheets, Smoked Salmon, Local Prawns, Surimi Sea Sticks, Tin of Tuna in Springwater, Carrot, Cucumber, Purple Onion, Avocado, Wasabi, Japanese Mayo, Teriyaki Sauce or Thick Sweet soy, Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce
- Steam the rice & allow to cool, as it is cooling start prep. Peel & Slice carrot, De-seed & Slice Cucumber, Peel & Slice Purple Onion, De-seed, Remove Skin & Slice Avocado, Drain all juice from Tuna & then mix with Mayonnaise, Peel Prawns, Cut Sit Sea Sticks in Half. Put all prep into kidded containers & place in fridge until ready to use.
- Wrap the Sushi Bamboo Mat in Glad Wrap, Prepare a bowl of water for keeping wet fingers & seaweed moist after rolling to seal
- Get all prep out of the frindge & set up to start rolling
- Place a piece of Seaweed down on bamboo mat, then 1/3 of a cup of rice pushed gently down over the seaweed leaving a 1cm piece of the seaweed sheet without rice.
- Lay the topping of choice down over the rice, at the end of no seaweed sheet showing (as per picture uploaded) then proceed to use the Bamboo Mat exactly as its packaging states to do.
- Once rolled, add a little bit of water along the 1cm piece of Seaweed sheet with no rice.. This will stick as it is rolled.
- once complete, wrap in gladwrap & store in fridge until cutting time.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce