- 3 - 4 Nori (seaweed) sheets
- 2 cups Sushi rice
- 1/3 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Caster sugar
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- 150ml Teriyaki marinade
- 1x 250gChicken breast
- 1 Carrot
- Soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- Boil water, add rice, cook for 10 minutes. Turn off heat, add 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar and 2 teaspoons of caster sugar. Let rest with lid on for 10 minutes.
- Whilst rice is cooking, dice up chicken into thin pieces and put in teriyaki marinade. Leave for as long as desired or cook immediately. Cook until browned on outside
- Julienne carrots to 2mm thickness. Slice avocado.
- Lay out nori on bamboo mat. Spread a 1cm thick layer of rice evenly over nori.
- Put avocado at center of the rice. Place carrot over top. Then add the chicken.
- Use the mat to roll the sushi over slowly. Wet finger and moisten the end of the nori sheet to create a seal. Continue on with the rest of the nori sheets
- Cut to desired shape (in half or 2cm thick pieces). Put in fridge and enjoy later or have once cool!
Product used in recipe
- Kewpie - Kewpie Mayonnaise