- 300g meat of choice (traditionally pork but can use beef/chicken)
- 1kg pre-cooked udon noodles
- 6 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped wombok
- 1 cup sliced choy sum
- 3 garlic cloves
- Vegetable oil
- Soy sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Oyster sauce
- Corn flour
- Combine meat with marinade ingredients (2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1.25 teaspoons sesame oil, 1 teaspoon corn flour) and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the stir-fry sauce using the soy sauce, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Boil a large pot of water and add the udon noodles. After roughly 1 min or as soon as they become loose, drain and transfer the noodles to a large bowl or tray.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and the marinated meat. Sear the meat and toss until cooked. When the meat is cooked, remove it from the wok and set aside.
- Add the shitake mushrooms to the remaining oil and stir-fry.
- Then add the cabbage and choy sum and toss until cooked.
- Add the noodles, cooked meat and the stir-fry sauce (3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1.5 tablespoons dark soy sauce and 1.5 tablespoons oyster sauce) and mix until everything is well combined. Serve warm.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil