- Obento Yaki nori for Sushi
- Sushi rice
- cucumber thinly sliced
- avocado cut into strips
- carrot thinly sliced
- rice vinegar
- white sugar
- 1.5 cups of water
- pinch of salt
- Sushi rolling mat
- Bring water to a boil in a pot, and stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed by the rice.
- Mix sugar, vinegar and salt in a small dish and then add to rice. Leave to cool until the rice is sticky but not mushy.
- Lay your Obento nori sheets on-top of the sushi rolling mat.
- Thinly layer some rice ontop of the Obento nori and then add the cucumber, carrot and avocado through the middle of the rice.
- take the end of the rolling mat (closest to you) and roll tighly over the top. Do this until all the Sushi rolled together
- Taking a sharp knife, slice the roll into 2.5cm strips and get stuck in!
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Yaki Nori For Sushi