- Sushi rice
- Nori sheets
- Sushi seasoning
- Mix 2 parts sushi rice with 3 parts water, after rinsing the rice to clear water, bring to boil and simmer gently while covered for 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Allow to cool and pour sushi seasoning over the rice, half a cup for every 2 cups of uncooked rice.
- Prepare all the veggies and ingredients into thin strips while the rice is cooking.
- After rice is cooled, lay your Nori sheets shiney side down, cover in a compacted later of rice, leaving a 1 inch strip at one end of the sheet.
- Put a thin smear of wasabi in the centre of the rice of you're game!
- Layer desired ingredients across the centre without overloading it and then roll the Nori sheet up toward the bar side - before you roll the sheet to overlap the bare end, firmly squeeze the sushi roll and moisten the bare end of the Nori sheet and complete the roll all the way over so the sheet overlaps.
- Slice the sushi roll into 2 inch rounds with a sharp moist knife.
- Mix some wasabi and soy sauce in a small dish to use for dipping your sushi into and enjoy!
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Yaki Nori For Sushi
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise
- Obento - Sushi Bamboo Mat
- Obento - Sushi Seasoning
- Lee Kum Kee - Soy Sauce Gluten Free