- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 carrot, julienned or peeled strips
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup short grain rice (or Sun Rice Quick cups, e.g. Brown Rice and Quinoa)
- Black sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- Scallions to garnish, optional
- -- Teriyaki Sauce --
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Combine teriyaki sauce ingredients and stir to dissolve brown sugar.
- Place salmon fillets in a bowl with the marinade, cover with clingwrap and marinate for 30 mins.
- Transfer salmon to the prepared baking tray and bake for 16-20 mins, or until salmon is cooked through (baking times will depend on the thickness of the salmon fillet).
- While salmon is in the oven, put the rest of the marinade in a pan and reduce on the stove until thickened (3-5mins). Remove from heat.
- If cooking rice: Rinse the rice then cook per package directions.
- To plate, put the cooked rice in a bowl, or heat a microwave rice pot and put contents in a bowl. Add sliced avocado, fresh chilli, julienned or peeled carrot strips, and steamed broccoli. Lay salmon on top and drizzle with teriyaki sauce. Garnish with toasted black sesame seeds and scallions.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil