- 1/3 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece ginger, finely grated
- Pinch of white pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 400g bag frozen edamame beans
- 450g packet microwave brown rice
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- Wasabi mayonnaise to serve
- Preheat oven to 200*C. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Combine soy, hoisin, sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Place salmon onto prepared baking dish and pour over half the sauce, turning to coat. Cover and stand for 30 minutes. Set aside the remaining sauce.
- Place edamame beans in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes, then drain. Remove beans from pods.
- Cook rice as per packed instructions
- Bake salmon for 8-10 minutes for medium rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Bring reserved sauce to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Spoon rice into shallow serving bowls, and top with salmon, sauce, sesame seeds and edamame. Arrange carrot and cucumber in the bowls and serve with wasabi mayonnaise.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Soy Sauce Salt Reduced