- 700g rump steak
- 1 tspn soy sauce
- 1 tbspn fish sauce
- 1 ½ tbspns lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tspns grated ginger
- 2 tspns Yeo’s pure sesame oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves torn
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil, leaves torn
- 1x200g pkt grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbspn finely chopped palm sugar
- 1 medium sized continental cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, centre veins removed, finely shredded
- 2 long red chillies, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/3 cup toasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger and palm sugar in a jug. Place the steak in a dish. Drizzle with half the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge, turning occasionally for up to 2 hours to develop the flavours.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Cook steak on grill for a few minutes on each side for medium or cook to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, chilli, onion, mint, coriander, basil, peanuts and lime leaves in a large bowl. Thinly slice steak and add to the salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and gently toss to combine. Divide amongst bowls and serve immediately.
Product used in recipe
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil