- 1/2 a jar of Valcom Thai Green curry paste
- 1 can of baby corn
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 cavilo nero leaf
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1 banan capsicum
- 1x 400gm can of coconut cream
- 2 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 teaspoon of finely grated palm sugar
- Half a cup of chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Bean sprouts, Lime, Thai basil and Chilli sambal to garnish
- In a medium saucepan, place 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of cold water. Cook on a medium heat using the rice absorption method for approximately 15 minutes. Alternatively, use a rice cooker or preferred rice cooking method.
- Whilst rice is cooking, chop carrot into 1cm x 3cm sticks and slice broccoli into bite sized florets. Remove stalk from cavilo nero and slice thinly.
- Cut banana capsicum in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and slice thinly. Reserve a small portion for garnish. Set all chopped vegetables aside.
- Slice baby corn into halves and set aside.
- On a separate board, slice chicken thigh fillets into bite sized portions.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in large frypan and fry chicken in batches until just golden brown. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add half a 200gm jar of Valcom Thai green curry paste to frypan and cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant. Add 1 can of coconut cream and the chicken stock, and stir into the green curry paste.
- Add carrot, broccoli, cavilo nero, capsicum and cooked chicken to sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables become tender then remove from heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of finely grated palm sugar to taste. Add more if desired. Add the baby corn and water chestnuts and stir through.
- Serve individual portions of steaming green curry on top of rice and garnish with bean sprouts, slices of banana capsicum, Thai basil leaves and wedges of fresh lime. Add sambal chill for extra chilli heat!
Product used in recipe
- Valcom - Thai Green Curry Paste