- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 knob ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 bunch asian greens
- 1/2 jar of Valcom Yellow Curry Paste
- 1 Ling Fish fillet
- 1/2 lime
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp crispy shallots
- 1 brown onion
- Add water to saucepan and bring to boil, add jasmine rice, stir & cook with lid, reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes, then remove from heat but keep covered until the rice is tender and all water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, finely grate the ginger. Crush the garlic in a crusher. Thinly slice the brown onion. Very finely chop of kaffir lime leaves. Roughly chop the asian greens. Cut the white fish fillet into 2cm pieces.
- Ina large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium/high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until softened, 3-4 minutes. Ass a drizzle more of olive oil, the ginger, garlic, yellow curry paste and cook unitl frgrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, kaffir lime leaves and asian greens to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- add the fish to the pan and stir to combine. cover with a lid and cook until the fish is just cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the rice between bowls, top with the yellow curry. Sprinkle with crispy shallots and serve with a wedge of lime.
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Curry Paste Yellow