Asian BBQ & Grill
AYAM PANGGANG KECAP – Kecap Manis BBQ Chicken:
- 1 chicken cut into 4 or 8
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons ABC Kecap Manis
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 2 red birds eye chilies
- 8 shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 3 candlenuts roasted (you can use macadamia nuts as a substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
KAREDOK – Javanese Vegetable Salad with Peanut Dressing:
- 150 grams green beans
- 1 small Chinese cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 continental cucumber
- 250 grams bean sprouts
- 1 can Valcom Bamboo shoots slices
- 2 cups thai basil (you can substitute for regular basil)
- 4 shallots, slice thin
- 150 grams chopped peanuts
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 2 red birds eye chilies, seeds removed, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3 limes, juice only
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- 5 grams belacan
AYAM PANGGANG KECAP:
- Place chicken in a bowl with the tamarind paste and salt. Massage into the chicken and set aside.
- In a food processor or mortar & pestle grind the birds eye chili, shallots, garlic, white peppercorns, candlenuts and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large and deep pan, fry the spice paste for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces, ABC Kecap Manis, palm sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover with 650 mls of water and stir.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook without the lid on until the liquid has reduced by 2/3 and has become sticky, turning the chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken and reserve the cooking marinade.
- Cook on BBQ or under the grill brushing with the marinade until caramelized.
- In a mortar & pestle grind together the ginger, chili, garlic, belacan and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a paste.
- Add the crushed peanuts, lime juice, brown sugar and Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce. Stir to combine.
- Using a bean slicer, slice the beans and cut into 3 cm lengths.
- Peel the cucumber slice in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut into 1/3 and julienne
- Top & tail the bean sprouts
- Drain the Valcom Bamboo Shoot Slices
- In a large salad bowl add all the prepared vegetables and pour over the peanut dressing. Toss to combine.
ABC SWEET SOY SAUCE 275ML
LKK PREMIUM SOY SAUCE 150ML