- 500g fresh flat rice noodles
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lap cheong, sliced
- 16 fresh prawns
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp LKK Premium Soy
- 2 tsp dark soy
- 2 tsp LKK chiu chow oil
- ¼ cup garlic chives, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup bean shoots
- Start by preparing the prawns: Remove shells, head and devein. Reserve the shells and heads.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat, then place the prawn shells and heads into the wok. Cook for 2-3 minutes to flavour the oil. Remove prawn shells and heads from the oil and discard, leaving the fragrant oil.
- Add minced garlic, lap cheong, prawns and noodles to the wok, cook for approximately 3 minutes until prawns start to colour. During this stage, carefully handle the rice noodles by turning with a broad spatula to prevent breakage.
- Move the wok contents to the side and pour in the beaten eggs. Once the eggs are cooked, gently combine with the noodles.
- Add LKK Premium soy, dark soy, LKK chiu chow oil, and stir gently to mix through.
- Add garlic chives and bean shoots into the wok and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Divide noodles between four bowls and top with sliced spring onion to serve.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce
- TCC - Coconut Milk