- 500ml water
- 300ml coconut cream
- 250g vermicelli (soaked in warm water)
- 100g fresh Hokkien noodles
- 50g beansprouts
- 5 fried bean curds (sliced in half)
- 100g prawns (head and shells removed, deveined)
- 150g fish cake (sliced)
- Chicken stock powder (to taste)
- 1/2 jar laksa paste
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add oil. Fry the paste until aromatic and paste has browned. Set aside to cool.
- Add water, coconut cream and 1 cup fried laksa paste to a pot and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add fried bean curd. Allow to simmer until laksa broth thickens to desired consistency.
- Season with chicken stock powder to taste.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Blanch prawns, fish cake and Hokkien noodles separately for about 30 secs or until cooked. Set aside.
- Blanch vermicelli and beansprouts for 15 seconds. Set aside.
- To assemble laksa, add Hokkien noodles and vermicelli into serving bowls. Ladle over broth. Top with bean curds, prawns, fish cake, egg, beansprouts, Vietnamese mint and shredded cucumber. Serve.
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Premium Coconut Cream