- 3 cups of cooked rice, made to packet
- 1/2 pack Obento Yaki Nori for sushi
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Last night's cooked chicken (optional)
- Tinned tuna - I used 3 small cans as that's all I had, you can use one big one, whatever you have on hand will do. You may have leftovers for tomorrow!
- Soy, ginger and condiments as desired
- KEWPIE mayo
- Chop avocado and cucumber into fat juliennes. They don't have to be perfect.
- Put tuna in a bowl and stir in enough Mayo to moisten. Go by feel.
- Lay the yaki nori on a sushi mat if you have one. If you don't have one, just lay on a bench. Make sure it is smooth side outward.
- Press a thin layer of rice on the rice, using the back of a tablespoon. Leave half an inch on the side you are going to seal the roll up with (outer side)
- On the inner side, spoon a combo of fish/chicken and veg of choice onto the roll. Follow your children's requests. Don't spoon too much in or it gets tricky to roll.
- Roll from the inner side to the outer side. The mat definitely helps, but you can manage without - just pick one up next time.
- Seal the outer side with wet fingers
- Slice into slices to serve (displayed) or just cut into two and serve with soy and condiments of choice.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise