- 60g of prawns (replaceable with any other protein)
- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves of gralic
- Fried shallots - garnish (optional)
- Spring onion - garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Yeo's sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Soak dried vermicelli noodles in warm water to soften.
- Marinate prawns (protein of choice) in 1 tsp oyster sauce and 1 tsp light soy sauce with a dash of pepper.
- Peel and chop garlic and set aside.
- In a wok/saucepan, add oil then fry and scramble 2 eggs. Set aside.
- Add a little bit more oil, half the chopped garlic and fry marinated prawns/protein. Set aside.
- For seasoning mix, mix together 1 tbsp of each; oyster sauce, sesame oil, light and dark soy sauces together with 1/2 cup water.
- Drain water from softened noodles and add seasoning mix from above. Toss noodles in seasoning to evenly coat them.
- Using same wok/saucepan, add more oil and stir fry garlic until golden.
- Add seasoned noodles and toss for 3-5 minutes until cooked. Add pepper to taste.
- To plate up, first place noodles on plate/bowl. Topped with scrambled eggs and prawns.
- Lastly, garnish dish with fried shallots and chopped up spring onion before serving.
Brands and product used
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- Lee Kum Kee - Panda Brand Oyster Sauce