- 4 dried seaweed sheets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carrot
- 2 crab sticks
- 2 BBQ ham
- 6 strips burdock root
- Rinse the spinach and parboil it in rapidly boiling water (30 seconds to 1 minute). Drain the water away and run some cold water over the spinach. Gently squeeze the spinach to remove any excess water. Put the spinach into a bowl. Add 1/8 tsp salt and 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil then mix them well.
- Add a small dash of cooking oil and spread it around the pan. Add the beaten egg and cook both sides well over medium heat
- Lightly cook the carrots, crab sticks and kimbap ham (about 1 min per ingredients), separately, and over medium heat
- Place the cooked rice into a mixing bowl then add 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil and 1/4 tsp fine sea salt (or more to taste). Mix them well with a rice spatula.
- Gather all the kimbap ingredients at the ‘kimbap rolling station’. This makes it easy to assemble.
- Place one dried seaweed sheet on the bamboo mat (shiny side down). Put the rice on the seaweed sheet then spread it evenly and thinly to cover about 2/3 of the seaweed.
- Fill the seaweed with the filing ingredients. Make sure you evenly use the ingredients so that you’re not short of them later.
- Repeat the step 6 and 7 with the remaining ingredients.
- Line up all kimbap on a cutting board and paste some sesame oil (1 Tbsp) around the seaweed surface. Slice kimbap into bite size pieces. Serve.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Yaki Nori For Sushi
- Kewpie - Kewpie Mayonnaise