- 800g Barramundi (no skin)
- 6 baby pak choy
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 80g miso paste
- 300g basamati rice
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- vegetable oil
- Create the marinade by combining peeled and finely chopped ginger, sake, mirin, soy sauce, miso paste and honey. Mix well.
- Sit Barramundi in a bowl and add half the marinade to the bowl. Marinade the Barramundi overnight in refrigerator.
- Add rice, coconut milk and 200ml of water to a medium pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked through when liquid has evaporated.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on med-high heat with a dash of vegetable oil. Add the Barramundi to the hot pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes so the underside is dark and caramelised.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the fish, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Cut the pak choy in half and cook in boiling water for approximately 3 minutes until just soft.
- Serve the Barramundi on coconut rice, drizzle with marinade from the pan and serve with pak choi on the side.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning