By Chawalit Teeranal
One Bowl Wonder
- 3 pieces Chicken Maryland (cut into 6 – 9 pieces)
- 400 ml. Coconut Cream
- 3 tbsp. Red Curry Paste
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ½ tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp. Chicken Stock Powder
- 2 tbsp. ABC Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- ½ tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 8 cups Water (2 cups for curry, 6 cups for cooking noodle)
- 6-8 Sheets Wonton Wrap
- 300g. Dried Egg Noodles
- Crushed Dried Chili in oil (to serve)
- Diced Red Onion (to serve)
- 1 Fresh Lime/Lemon (to serve)
- Sliced red chilies (to serve)
- Fresh Spring Onion & Coriander leaves (to serve)
- Vegetable/Canola oil
- Put 200 ml. coconut cream in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add a red curry paste, turmeric powder, curry powder and garam masala. Cook and stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes until oil separates on the surface. Then add all chicken then stir until all chicken coated with coconut and chili paste.
- Add a further 200 ml. of coconut cream with 2 cups of water. Stir all chicken until all curry sauce is mixed through then reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock powder, ABC sweet soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce into the pot then stir until mixed through. Then simmer and cover for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Taste and add more seasoning to suit your taste.
- Cut wonton skin into small strips and separate into individual pieces. Put vegetable oil in a small pot or pan and put on top of a gas top. Turn the gas to medium heat. When oil is hot add wonton in a small amount each time until light golden crispy. After the wonton is cooked take them out and put them on a plate with kitchen paper towel to drain excess oil. Cook until finished.
- Before serving, put about 6 cups of water in a medium pot then cook the noodles in boiling water following packet directions. Drain, refresh under cold water. Divide noodles into individual serving bowls.
- Ladle curry and chicken over noodles. Top up with crispy wonton noodle, coriander/spring onion, sliced red chilies, diced shallots and chili in oil (to suit your desire). Serve with lime wedges.
- Enjoy your creamy northern Thailand style curry noodles
ABC SWEET SOY SAUCE 620ML
TCC COCONUT CREAM 400ML
VALCOM CURRY PASTE RED 210G