- 2 avocados
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 basa fish fillets
- 2 tsp chinese 5-spice seasoning
- 2 x 250g microwave brown rice and quinoa
- 150g edamame beans
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- Kewpie roasted seasme Japanese dressing
- 1 tsp shichimi togarashi seasoning
- 1-2 tsp wasabi, to serve
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil to cook the edamame. Coarsely chop the avocados and cucmbers. Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks.
- Heat a generous drizzle of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the fish and chinese 5-spice to the pan and cook, turning regularly for 4-5 minutes until the fish is golden and cooked through. Remove from heat, then season with salt and pepper.
- While fish is cooking, massage the packets of rice blend to loosen and tear a 2cm opening for the steam to escpape. Heat in the microwave for 2 and a half minutes or until heated through.
- Add edamame to the pan of boiling water. Return to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, then rinse under cold water to cool. Divide salad leaves, rice blend, fish, edamame, avocado and cucmber evenly amongst the serving bowls. Drizzle with Kewpie roasted seasame Japanese dressing, and scatter with a pinch of tigarashi seasoning and wasabi (you can reduce or remove this for less of a chilli kick!).
Product used in recipe
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise
- Kewpie - Japanese Dressing Roasted Sesame