- 2 rolls of fresh rolled rice noodle, cut into 5cm lengths
- 300 g Sliced beef, any cut
- 2 stems gai lan, washed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp crispy shallots
- (Beef marinade) 1 tsp soy sauce
- (Beef marinade) 1 tsp sesame oil
- (Beef marinade) 1 tsp sugar
- (Beef marinade) 1 tsp baking soda
- (Sauce) 2 tbsp soy sauce
- (Sauce) 3 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Marinade the beef. Put the sliced beef in a bowl and mix in the beef marinade ingredients. Leave it aside for 30 mins.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the wok on high heat. When the wok is hot enough, quick sear the beef for 15-20 secs. Remove and set aside.
- Turn to medium heat. Add in extra 1 tbsp oil in the wok. Crack the egg into the wok. Once the egg starts to cook, stir the egg and break them into egg pieces.
- Add the cut rolled rice noodles into the wok. Stir fry and mix with the egg.
- Add the beef slices. Stir fry and mix with the rolled noodles and the egg.
- Turn the heat to high again. Add gai lan, soy sauce and kecap manis into the stir fry. Toss the wok 2-3 times to mix the sauce into the rice noodles. Stop tossing and leave the sauce to caramelise. You want the surface of the rolled noodles to absorb the sauce with some beautiful caramelisation.
- Do a final toss and serve in a plate/bowl. Garnish with crispy shallots. Serve.
Product used in recipe
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce