- ⅓ cup of your favourite Laksa paste
- 4 or 5 birds eye chillies, chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 tbs Chilli Garlic paste
- 200 g fresh egg ramen style noodles
- 2 limes - juiced
- 1tbs fish sauce
- Garnish - finely sliced Garlic Chives
- Garnish - finely sliced Red Chilli
- Garnish - few drops of sesame oil
- Garnish - few fried dried anchovies
- With a large saucepan over high heat, Add the oil and. When oil is at a shimmer, drop in a few dried anchovies for approx. 1 minute until golden and crispy – remove from oil and set aside for garnish.
- Add the laksa paste, chopped chillies & ginger to the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the coconut cream, chilli garlic paste and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Drop in fresh noodles and keep to a simmer for 3 minutes. Then remove noodles only and distribute amongst 4 bowls evenly
- Back to the pot, add lime juice & fish sauce the take off heat.
- To serve, pour hot laksa broth over the noodles among bowls. Adding garnishes of more sliced red chilli, sliced garlic chives, fried dried anchovies & a few drops of sesame oil per bowl and serve immediately – enjoy.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Panda Brand Chilli Garlic
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- TCC - Coconut Cream