- 5 tbsp. Valcom Authentic Thai Green curry paste
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 12 g. lemongrass (fine sliced)
- 40 g. fresh coriander (include root, stem and leaves – roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp. whole dried Coriander seed (dry roasted and blend it into powder)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 400 ml. coconut cream
- 200 ml. water
- 200g. dried Thai Ka-nom Jeen (rice noodles) or Japanese Somen Noodles
- 600g. chicken thighs (cut into strips about 1 cm. thickness)
- 4 large kaffir leaves (center stem removed and roughly torn)
- ½ handful Thai basil leaves
- 5 apple eggplants (trimmed, quartered and soaked in salted water)
- 30 pea eggplants (stem removed)
- Red chili and Thai basil leaves for garnishing
- 3 tsp. chicken stock powder
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 45g. grated palm sugar
- Cook the noodles by following the instructions on the packet. After the noodles are cooked rinse them under tap water, drain in colander and twist the noodles into small balls, cover with glad wrap and put it aside.
- Use a blender to blend 200ml of water, garlic, sliced lemongrass and chopped coriander until it is a dark green liquid.
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add curry paste with coriander seed powder then cook, stirring for about 4-5 minutes or until fragrant and the oil starts to split on top of the curry paste.
- Add about 200 ml. of thick cream from the top of the coconut cream can then cook for about 5 minutes. Increase the heat a bit higher and add sliced chicken then add another 200ml of coconut cream and green water of lemongrass and coriander liquid, let it boil. Stir and cook it for about 6-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium heat and then add fish sauce, palm sugar and chicken stock powder. Stir and cook for a few minutes then taste and add more seasoning to suit your taste. Then add both eggplants, and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes or until eggplants are just cooked. Remove from heat then add torn kaffir lime leaves and basil leaves and stir to combine.
- Put the cooked noodles in a bowl then top it up with green chicken curry and garnish with sliced chilies and basil leaves. Enjoy!
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Curry Paste Green
- TCC - Coconut Cream