- 600g diced, skinless chicken thighs
- 10 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 400ml can TCC full cream coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp (+1 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp (+ 1/4 cup) white sugar
- 2 tsp (+ 2 tbsp) thai red curry paste
- 3/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Asian style salad. Combination of mixed lettuce leaves, shredded red cabbage, sliced capsicum, cucumber, carrot, snow peas and corriander
- Combine chicken, curry powder, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp red thai curry paste and 1/4 cup of the TCC full cream coconut milk (save remaining for the satay sauce) mix well and set aside to marinade for at least 20mins, or overnight. Thread 6-7 pieces of chicken per on to each skewer.
- Place remaining TCC full cream coconut milk, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 cup white sugar, 2 tbsp thai red curry paste, peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and water in a saucepan over medium low heat.Stir to combine then simmer, stirring every now and then, for 5 minutes.Cover with lid and keep warm while cooking skewers.
- Heat olive oil over bbq on medium high heat. Cook skewers, turning until cooked through and chicken has some golden colour to it.
- Serve salad in bowls and top with 2 chicken skewers. Drizzle with satay sauce or serve sauce on the side in a dipping bowl. Enjoy!
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Milk