By Sarah Lewis
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 2.5 cm. cubes
- 1/3 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds
- Rice bran oil, for deep frying
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 tbs. Obento mirin seasoning
- 3 tbs. Lee Kum Kee salt reduced soy sauce
- 120g mixed baby rocket and baby spinach leaves, to serve
- Toss tofu in flour, shake off excess. Dip tofu in egg, then in combined sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan, deep fry tofu in batches until lightly browned. Drain on absorbent paper.
- To make the sauce, combine mirin and soy sauce.
- Serve tofu with mixed baby rocket and baby spinach leaves. Serve with mirin sauce.
LKK SOY SAUCE SALT REDUCED 150ML
OBENTO MIRIN SEASONING 200ML