By Charmaine T
Fast & Fab
- 1 cup of steamed white rice – cooled (ideally left refrigerated overnight)
- 1 clove of shallot
- A handful of frozen mixed peas, carrots and corn – defrosted
- 1 egg
- 1 chinese waxed sausage
- 1 bird eye chilli (optional)
- 1 tbsp of Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- Dash of ground white pepper
- 3 tbsps of vegetable oil
- Peel and slice shallot.
- Slice chinese waxed sausage.
- Remove seeds from bird eye chilli and finely chop.
- Heat wok/fry pan and add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. When fully heated, fry sliced shallots until golden brown and set aside.
- In the same wok, add another tbsp of oil and add egg. Scramble and fry until brown.
- Add waxed sausage and keep frying until both egg and sausage are browned and then set them aside.
- Again, in the same wok, add 1 tbsp of oil and wait until hot. Add steamed rice and fry. Whilst frying, try to break any clumps of rice sticking together to get them separated.
- Add chicken stock, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce when rice have been fully separated from step 6.
- Keep stirring on high heat, mixing all the sauces together. Add a dash of pepper to taste.
- Once combined, add peas, corn and carrots as well as chopped up chilli to the rice.
- Once the rice and vegetables are cooked, add scrambled eggs and waxed sausage to the wok and just mix once through.
- When ready, plate up fried rice and top with some fried shallots before serving.
LKK PANDA OYSTER SAUCE 255G