- 1 packet of spring rolls wrapper, defrost
- 300g minced pork
- 2 packets of glass noodles ( vermicelli) soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2cup carrot, shredded (use 1 cup here) reserve 1/2 for noodle bowl
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp YEO's sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Squid fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp water
- Oil for frying, I used vegetable oil
- 250g rice vermicelli, cooked according to the instruction
- Handful of beansprout, mint, Vietnamese mint and Thai basil plus remaining shredded carrot.
- For dipping sauce: I used Asian inspiration recipe
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 chilli, chopped (I used 1 tsp of sambal olek)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp Squid fish sauce
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 7 tbsp boiling water
- Place pork, glass noodles, cabbage, carrot, sugar, sesame oil, fish sauce, oyster sauce, chicken stock powder and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Mix corn flour and water in a small bowl.
- Separate the spring rolls wrappers. Keep the unused ones covered under damp paper towel.
- Place spring roll wrapper on a plate in diamond pattern. Scoop about 1 tbsp of spring roll mixture and place in the middle of the wrapper. Roll it up and fold both sides in. Roll it up to the end and dap corn flour mixture at the top on wrapper to secure it in.
- Repeat until all wrappers gone.
- Heat oil in a wok until it's hot. Make sure oil covers spring rolls. Cooking in batches. Carefully place spring rolls in hot oil and cook until golden and crisp. Roughly about 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel. Repeat with all the spring rolls.
- Arrange noodles, beansprout, herbs and carrot on serving bowl.
- Make dipping sauce by combine dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix until sugar melted.
- Arrange spring rolls on top of the noodles. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.
Product used in recipe
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce