- Sushi rice
- Smoked trout, salmon (any fish you enjoy)
- Pickled vegetables (3 mini cucumbers, 3 baby carrots, 3 small radishes)
- Pickled ginger
- Nori sheets
- Wasabi peas
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Wasabi paste
- Pickled vegetables: Cut up all veg into thin circles. Mix cucumber and 1tbs of salt in a bowl. Set aside for 20 mins. Rinse and then add the other vegetables. Boil ¼ cup of rice wine vinegar, 1 ½tbs of sugar and 1tbs of water for 1 minute. Pour over vegetables and cover.
- Cook rice as packet directs.
- Peel avocado and slice into ⅛ pieces.
- Cut fish into bite size pieces.
- Cut nori into ¼ with scissors.
- Place rice in bottom of bowl and put nori on the side. Arrange everything else on top of the rice. Pop some rice, fish and avacado in nori - mini sushi! It also tastes amazing eating it just out of the bowl. Add wasabi paste & kewpie mayo to taste. Enjoy the yumminess!
Brands and product used
- Obento - Yaki Nori for Sushi
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- Obento - Ginger Pink Amazu Shoga