- 180g firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 x 250g pkt Coles microwavable brown rice
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 avocado
- 1 cob of corn
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut some in half and leave some whole
- ½ cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2-4 Cos lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp each sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds
- Alfalfa, to sprinkle
- 2-4 tbsp Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup LKK Premium Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Obento Mirin
- 1 tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Make the Teriyaki marinade: combine the soy sauce, mirin, caster sugar and garlic in a glass or ceramic dish. Add the tofu cubes and toss to combine. Cover and keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line a tray with baking paper. Chop the sweet potato into 1cm wide disks, lay on the baking paper, spray with oil, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Place baking paper over a second baking tray. Reserve a small amount of the teriyaki marinade, then spread the tofu cubes onto one half of the tray. Add the seeds to the marinade, toss to coat, then place on the other side of the tray. Place the tray in the oven with the sweet potato for the final 15 minutes. Remove the sweet potato, tofu and mixed seeds from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cook the rice according to packet directions.
- Cook the corn in rapidly boiling water for 4 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before slicing the kernals off.
- Divide the ingredients between two large bowls. Begin with the cos lettuce leaves, then the rice, cabbage, corn, sweet potato, tofu, tomato and radish. Place half an avocado in the centre of each bowl and fill the pit with kewpie mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with the alfalfa and the teriyaki seeds and serve. Serves 2.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Dark Soy Sauce
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise