- 1/2 tsp birds eye chilli, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs coriander stem, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs Squid brand fish sauce
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs canola/vegetable oil
- 250g good quality steak
- 1/2 tbs canola/vegetable oil
- 2 cups mixed lettuce
- 1/4 cup cherry tomato, quartered
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut horizontally then cut into slices
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 tbs peanuts, roughly chopped
- Coriander & mint leaves
- Whisk together the chilli, garlic, coriander stem, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and oil in a small jug.
- Place steak in a glass or ceramic dish. Drizzle with half the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to develop flavours.
- Heat fry pan on high. Drizzle beef with 1/2 tbs oil on both sides then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook to your liking. Remove from fry pan and place on a plate. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Place lettuce in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbs of the dressing. Toss gently.
- Slice beef thinly against the grain and place in a bowl with remaining salad ingredients. Dress with most of the remaining dressing and toss gently.
- Pile lettuce onto plate, pile on the beef and other salad ingredients.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with coriander and mint. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Brands and product used
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce