By Ilona Nicola
- 1 mango
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup black rice that has been soaked overnight
- 1 pandanus leaf tied in knot or vanilla pod split and seeds scraped
- 1 can TCC coconut milk
- 100g palm sugar or brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Purée mango with juice of 1/2 a lime in a blender.
- Fill popsicle moulds 1/3 high with mango purée and place in freezer to set.
- Drain black rice of soaking liquid and rinse until water runs clear.
- Place in a pot with pandanus leaf or vanilla and 2 1/2 cups water. Bring to the boil then gently simmer for 30 minutes until rice is tender and most water has been absorbed. Cover and leave to steam for 15 minutes. Remove pandanus or vanilla pod.
- Place coconut milk, sugar and salt in a pot and heat only until sugar has dissolved.
- Mix half the coconut milk into the rice and stir together. Allow to cool.
- Fill popsicle moulds with sticky rice mixture until 2/3 full.
- Gently spoon remaining sweetened coconut milk into popsicle moulds until filled.
- Place a popsicle stick into each mould and freeze overnight.
Unmould and enjoy!
TCC COCONUT MILK 400ML