- 500g chicken mince
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 2 tbsp Valcom Red Thai curry paste
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of bread, crumbed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped coriander leaves and stems
- salad leaves, red chilli, lime segments, chopped peanuts and extra coriander leaves, to serve
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2cm ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp Obento Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp LKK Premium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Yeo’s sesame oil
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water.
- In a small frying pan, sauté the shallot over medium heat until translucent. Add the red curry paste and stir for a minute, or until fragrant. Add the grated carrot. Stir to combine, then remove from the heat.
- Once the mixture has cooled, combine with the chicken mince, chopped coriander, egg and bread crumbs. Using your hands, shape the mixture into 10-12 small, thick sausages. Slide a skewer through the centre of each of the sausages and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Make the dipping sauce: combine the peanut butter, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup and sesame oil in a blender with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Whiz to combine.
- Heat a BBQ plate on medium-high. Remove the skewers from the fridge, and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Serve the skewers with the dipping sauce, slices of lime, and a sprinkle of chilli, chopped peanuts and coriander. Makes 10-12
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Curry Paste Red
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Dark Soy Sauce