- Veal and pork meat balls
- 1 stem of lemongrass - light part only
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 1/3 cup of Valcom yellow curry paste
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- A good handful of green beans - trimmed and sliced how you like them
- 1 x 225 gram can of Valcom bamboo shoot slices (drained)
- Add a little oil in a pan and cook the meatballs for about 5 minutes. Moving them around to cook evenly
- Add the finely chopped lemongrass and coriander leaves, stems and roots. Leave some coriander aside for garnishing
- Stir for around 1 minute to release the aromas
- Remove everything from the pan and set aside
- Add the curry paste to the pan and stir for around 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, brown sugar and fish sauce. Bring to boil and then simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Return the meatball mixture to the pan. Toss around in the curry sauce and simmer for a couple of minute.
- Add the green beans and bamboo shoots. Simmer until beans are nicely cooked but still crisp.
- Squeeze over half the lime. Serve on a bed of rice with some lime o. The side.
Product used in recipe
- Valcom - Bamboo Shoot Slices
- Valcom - Curry Paste Yellow