- 1 Jar Valcom Red Curry Paste
- 2 Cans TCC Coconut Milk
- 1 Can Valcom Bamboo Shoots.
- 200 grams of firm Tofu. (Frozen, thawed, pressed and cut into cubes)
- 1/2 Medium Zucchini (cubed)
- 120gms Green Beans (Cut into 1cm pieces)
- 1/2 cup Thai Basil Leaves
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves. De-spine and tear each leaf into quarters.
- 3-4tsp fish sauce
- 3tsp palm sugar
- 2-3tbsp light oil eg: sunflower or coconut oil
- Extra Options: 3 diced pineapple rings.1/4 red capsicum diced.
- Jasmine or Cauliflower Rice
- In a large pot add oil and paste together and heat on a medium setting.
- Cook the paste until slightly dry stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add the Kaffir lime leaves and continue to cook for 1min.
- Add half a can of coconut milk and stir until the paste is combined. Replace the lid and lower the heat slightly.
- Wait for the oil to separate. You will notice small beads of red oil. Stir and repeat this step. The aim of these steps it to bring out the flavours in the paste.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, vegetables, tofu, sugar and 3 teaspoons fish sauce but NOT pineapple. Stir and replace the lid.
- Continue to cook and occasionally stir until the coconut milk begins to lightly bubble. It will begin to have a creamy consistency.
- Slightly increase temperature and cook for a further minute. (Add the pineapple at this step).
- Taste test. If the curry is not salty enough add additional teaspoon of Fish Sauce and cook for 1minute
- After a minute has passed turn the heat off, add the Thai basil leaves, stir and replace the lid. Allow to sit for at least 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your choice of rice. Yum Yum!! This recipe serves 6 (we like a lot of curry sauce)
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Bamboo Shoot Slices
- Valcom - Curry Paste Red
- TCC - Coconut Milk