- 700mL prawn stock
- 6 king prawns, deveined and kept whole
- 1/2 cup squid, cut into bite-size and scored with pineapple cut
- 1/2 cup snapper, cut into bite-size
- 2 mussels, cleaned
- 60g straw mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup carrots, cut into bite-size
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup baby corn
- 1.5 cup noodles, cooked
- Fresh cut chilli
- Fresh herbs
- 4 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste
- 1 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 1 lemongrass, bottoms sliced and tops bruised
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice, optional (to taste)
- Pour prawn stock into pot on medium-high heat.
- When the stock starts to boil, add lemon grass, Valcom Tom Yum paste, Squid Brand Fish Sauce, kaffir lime leaves and sugar to pot. Stir gently to break down paste and leave to boil for a couple of minutes.
- Add carrots, king prawns, snapper, mussels, straw mushrooms to pot and leave to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the squid and baby corn to pot, allow to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Lastly, add cherry tomatoes and remove pot from heat.
- Add lime juice to pot, stirring gently.
- Place noodles in a bowl, and ladle Tom Yum soup over noodles.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and cut chilli.
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Tom Yum Paste