- Serves 2
- 200g dry rice noodle
- 10 fresh prawns, deveined
- 10 fresh mussel, cleaned and debearded
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 80g button mushroom, sliced
- About 1 litre of water
- 6 tablespoon Valcom Thai Tom Yum Paste
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 lime wedges
- 2-3 fresh coriander stems
- Soak the rice noodle in warm water until they soften, then set aside.
- Mix the Valcom Thai Tom Yum paste with water in a pot and bring to a boil. Once the soup is boiling, reduce to a medium heat and let simmer.
- Add in the sliced mushroom and tomatoes and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add in the prawns and the mussels and bring to boil for 3 minutes.
- Take out the prawns and the mussels and set aside so they don't overcook.
- On low heat, place the noodle in the pot and let simmer for 20 seconds in the soup.
- Remove the noodles in a bowl and top with the prawns and mussels.
- Finish the soup with the fish sauce and sugar, then pour over the noodles when ready to serve.
- Squeeze a lime over the top and serve with some fresh coriander & chilli (optional).
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Tom Yum Paste
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce