- 100g sashimi grade tuna fillet
- 1/2 tsp ginger (finely grated)
- 1 tbsp Obento Japanese Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Yeo’s Sesame Oil
- 3 spring roll pastries (defrosted)
- Oil (to deep fry)
- Toasted black sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Toasted white sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Micro herbs (to garnish)
- Edible flowers (to garnish)
- Dice tuna, then add to a bowl with ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside in the fridge to marinate until ready to plate.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Deep fry the spring roll pastries until light golden brown, using tongs or chopsticks to scrunch them up slightly. Drain on paper towel. Once completely cooled, snap into crackers.
- Using a ring mould, plate the tuna tartare, pressing down slightly to form into a round. Garnish with sesame seeds, micro herbs and edible flowers, and serve with crackers.
Brands and product used
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- Obento - Japanese Soy Sauce